- Understand how every user interacts with your product
- Find new correlations, even on data you haven’t actively been tracking
- See which features people love, and which ones they don’t
Product analytics can wait. Action cannot.
We condemn the violence inflicted by the police on the Black community. We stand with communities and organizations working to end racism and injustice.
Heap is donating to the following organizations. If you are able, we’d love if you’d join us.
Equal Justice Initiative
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
We believe opposing racism requires more than policy. Learn more:
Mapping Police Violence
The Marshall Project
Racial Equity Tools
“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
– James Baldwin
Learn everything about your product
Establish Core KPIs
- Create meaningful KPIs for every level of your product
- Establish a shared definition of success
- Ensure your decisions drive business success
Make smart decisions
- Run focused tests that move identifiable metrics
- Ask intelligent questions and figure out how to answer them
- Locate the “unknown unknowns” that can dramatically improve your product
Iterate and Improve
- Test small changes to your product and iterate rapidly
- Locate the improvements that move the needle
- Keep your product team lean and agile
Data for Hard Product Decisions
data for decisions
Data is worthless if it doesn’t help you make better decisions. Heap was built to answer the hard questions: What to build? How are people using our features? How to measure impact?
Heap tells you how people use your product. Where users get stuck. What features they love. What features they don’t.
Improve the Customer Journey (AARRR)
- Quickly get users to your “Aha” moments
- Analyze funnels to reduce moments of friction
- Improve Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) across your user base
- Segment users by behavior to personalize their experience
Mobile + Web
Heap automatically merges web and mobile visits into a single user identity. No more manually assembling information.
The Heap Book of Questions
What’s the best way to improve your product? At Heap, we believe the answer is to ask questions! Be scientific! Ask questions, figure out how to answer them, and repeat. Do this and you’ll learn everything about your product.
In this book we provide a great number of questions, hypotheses, and experiments you can run in your product. We walk through product use cases, behavioral segmentation, conversion, and more. It’s an A-to-Z guide for product teams in all industries.